Sunday, January 31, 2010

It's More Than Just Designing

I only have a few clients at the moment, but to a degree my work has picked up a little lately. One thing I must do now is better balance my homework, with regular work. Like so many other families these days we need the additional revenue at home.

I had the opportunity to write 3 cost estimate proposals since new years, one in fact came from a potential new client. A designer has to figure in a reasonable rate for his or hers time, plus balance possible changes and unforeseen costs into a fair cost estimate. My experience though is that new clients who are inexperienced in working with designers have a poor concept of the real costs involved in producing graphic design. Usually my estimates are accepted, so if I loose one once in a while I shouldn't take it personal. It does happen sometimes.

This week I will also be working on income tax, how exciting, but how necessary. True to my "do it myself" personality, I'll be using my tax preparation software to make it less traumatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment